In the course of providing a service to you as an individual or corporate client, Hillcrest Capital Management Limited may obtain personal information about you.
- This personal information may be collected through this Site, associated Sites, mobile sites, mobile applications and other channels as private and confidential.
- Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we are also committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information at all times.
- This policy describes Hillcrest Capital Management Limited’s treatment of your personal information submitted through this Site, the purposes for which we use the information, and the circumstances in which we may share the information. For the purposes of this policy, “Hillcrest” refers to as Hillcrest Capital Management Limited and “Site” as website.
Collection of Information
When you complete and submit any form or application on our Site, your personal information becomes available to us.
- Where lawful and reasonable, we may collect personal information about you from third parties and publicly available sources, such as credit reporting and government agencies for the purposes set out below.
Hillcrest use your personal information in order to:
- meet our responsibilities to you;
- follow your instructions;
- process your personal information for ordinary business purposes (this includes to open and maintain your account, give effect to transactions, administer claims where applicable, manage our risks and maintain our overall relationship with you);
- carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (this includes improving existing and developing new products and services);
- tell you about services and products available within Hillcrest;
- make sure our business suits your needs;
- comply with applicable regulations.
- Without your personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services that you need.
- We do not sell or market your personal information or personalized data to third parties.
Hillcrest will not disclose your personal information to anyone outside the Company without your permission unless:
- We are compelled to do so by law, regulatory authority or a court order;
- It is in the public interest to do so;
- our or your legitimate interests require disclosure;
- you agreed that we may disclose your information.
Our security systems are designed to prevent loss, unauthorised destruction, damage and/or access to your personal information from unauthorised third parties.
- All of your personal information is stored in a secure environment, where electronic and procedural safeguards have been put in place to mitigate against loss, misuse, damage or unauthorized access.
- We also limit access to your personal information to authorized employees.
We ask third-party service providers to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any Personal Information to carry out their services.
- We will not disclose your personal information to external organisations that are not our service providers, unless you gave us your consent, or unless we may do so by law, or if it is necessary for the conclusion or performance of our agreement with you.
If you give us permission, we may use your personal information to tell you about products, services and special offers from us or other companies that may interest you.
- We will do this through email, text message (SMS), social media platforms or notify you on your mobile applications.
- If you later decide that you do not want us to do this, please contact us through our customer service channels to stop this service.
Personal information access
As our customer, you may:
- ask us to give you a description of your personal information that we hold;
- ask us to correct or update your personal information through our customer service channels.
We may, if allowed by law, charge a fee for this.
While you are using our Site or mobile applications, we automatically process certain personal information, such as visits to our Site.
- We use this information to find out which areas of our Sites people visit most and to monitor the use of our Sites. This helps us to add more value to our services.
- This information is gathered in such a way that we do not get personal information about any individual or their online behaviour on other Sites.
Web browser cookies
We use cookie technology on our Site. A cookie is small pieces of text that is saved on your Internet browser when you use our Site.
- The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit our Sites. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online.
- You can stop your browser from accepting cookies, but if you do, some parts of our Sites or online services may not work.
- We recommend that you allow cookies.
Our Site and mobile applications may have links to or from other Sites.
- Although we try to link only to Sites that also have high privacy standards, we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content.
- We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these Sites.
Monitoring and analysis
We will monitor and analyse your account for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes as required by law.
We operate and communicate through our designated channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our customers.
- We monitor and record comments and posts made about us on these channels so that we can improve our services.
- The general public can access and read any information posted on these sites. We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by our designated officials.
- We do not endorse the social media sites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users.
- We do not give investment, tax or other professional advice on social media sites. You should always get independent advice before making any decisions.
- When you engage with us through social media your personal information may be processed by the site owner; this process is outside our control and may be in a country outside Nigeria that may have different privacy principles.
- Social media sites are not appropriate forums to discuss our customers’ products or financial arrangements. We will not ask you to share personal, account or security information on social media sites.
- We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas sent to us through these channels.
- We shall try to join conversations whenever possible, but may not reply to all messages sent to official Hillcrest social media accounts.
- Emerging themes and helpful suggestions will be given to the relevant staff for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any themes or suggestions will be acted on.
We will take note of your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws, especially your right to object, on reasonable grounds, to certain types of processing.
- You have the right to query a decision that we make about a product or service that you have applied for and that was made solely by automated means.
- You have the right to withdraw consent previously given and lodge a complaint with the relevant regulatory authority.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Site, register on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
- Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
- We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
- Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site.
- Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
- Unless otherwise stated, the current version shall supersede and replace all previous versions of this Policy.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
- If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site.
- Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Company name: Hillcrest Capital Management Limited
Corporate Affairs Commission Registration Nº: RC 1535359
Address of Head Office: 30b, Oladimeji Alo Street, off Freedom Way, Lekki, Lagos, NG
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unless otherwise stated, the information and contents of this Site are copyright of Hillcrest ©2019 All Rights Reserved.